Monday, March 10, 2014

A Cosmos For A New Generation With Heart.

Cosmos (2014) is overall a good family friendly exploration of our universe though at times it felt more like a Wonderful World of Walt Disney Episode than it did Cosmos. I liked the galactic calendar. I liked the respect paid at the end toward Carl Sagan and thought the personal story Neil deGrasse Tyson shared was beautiful. I did not like the cartoon sequences. Seth McFarlane was one of the executive producers along Star Trek writing alumni Brannon Braga. I understood why the cartoon sequences we're used, but felt it dumbed down the program a bit. I think I prefer the original. But will be watching the rest of this series and if it teaches others then I am all for it. So as a whole, I liked it, but I hope there are no more cartoons.

(C) Copyright 2014 By Mark Rivera
All Rights Reserved.