Sunday, March 20, 2016

Today I am going to post on one of two subjects they say one should never talk about publicly and it ain't politics!

Today is Palm Sunday. It sure crept up on me fast. It is kind of odd in a way that Lent follows so soon after Christmas. I mean it is like, "Feliz Navidad. It is the most wonderful time of the year. Okay now time to fast or give up something for forty days or both. You know you already screwed up your New Years' Resolution." Then it is the longest mass of the year and while I consider myself to be both Catholic and Spiritual and believe no one has the monopoly on God's love. As a kid I found the experience to be so boring that I literally had to imagine stuff to keep from passing out. Count the amount of times one kneels and then stands up. How many times will the baskets come around and hit us up for money, I mean donations for the poor.

Yet if you were to ask me what is the most important time of the year for a Catholic? I would say it is now. See I am a sinner and I am cool with that because Jesus came for the sinners. If you were without sin that would be akin to being clear of all karma and you would be one with God already and not reading this nonsense. 

See most people take themselves way too seriously. I am one of them. Call it passion, drama or ego. It is what it is. However whatever you believe in or choose not to believe in you have to have faith and for all of you who call yourselves Atheists, I got news for you. You have to have faith in that too if that is what you truly believe.

That is partially what the passion is about. It is not about assigning blame. It is about one man's faith in God that changed the world forever in an unprecedented act of selflessness to cleanse us all from our sins, karma, and whatever else we need to be forgiven for or rise above. 

It is not easy. However nothing worthwhile ever is. So as much as this may offend some of you or not, so be it. I am a sinner who gets bored during mass on Palm Sunday and I don't believe any religion is the "right one" and I still consider myself a Catholic at the very least by default because that is what I was raised in and yet in many ways my faith may be stronger now than when I was a kid that looked forward to Christmas and Easter for the family get togethers, possible gifts, and time off from school. So what is the most important holiday on the Catholic calendar? I will tell you it is Good Friday through Easter because there is no point to celebrating Christmas if you don't take into account the reason why Jesus was born. It is the same reason why we are all born. We are born to die, but what is important is not how these things occur, but what we do with the time we have. Miracles are possible. They may not take the form we wish, but miracles happen every day. All you have to do is open your eyes. Thank you.